Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bumped a Couple Carp Yesterday

Came off to be tougher than I figured it would be: cloudy conditions made for poor visibility, and the fish were spooky. None of the slow cruisers would give my flies any consideration. In fact, they bolted at the sight of them.

The first fish pictured below doesn't really count, because I was fishing to another when this one shot in from the side to eat the LOD. I scaled it at 6 lbs.

The second was one of the few tailers I saw (in the brief 1.5 hours of fishing on this day). I put this new fly on him, drug it to position and dropped it just in front and to the side. His tail was to me, so I didn't get to see the take but I saw the take (you know what I mean). This was a small fish, so I decided he ought to come home with me to provide some sustenance - more on that in a later post.

Related report: my neighbor has been prowling this location a bit too, and he recently banked his first carp on the fly there... and to boot: probably the first ever carp caught on a Bogdan reel.




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you keep the carp to eat?

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

most excellent

9:10 PM  
Blogger winonaflyfactory said...

I love the puffy lip shot, makes me almost want to kiss that thing. And the last photo says it all, I love that feeling. Rock on my friend, rock on.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Wendy Berrell said...

Yes - smoked the carp. Not too bad. Not great.

WFF needs more carp lips in his life - no question there. Get on some scouting down there man, and let me know what you find.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.7.3
nike factory outlet
pandora charms outlet
cheap jordans
canada goose jackets
oakley sunglasses wholesale
moncler online outlet
red bottoms
christian louboutin shoes
moncler online outlet
mlb jerseys

8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

birkenstock sandals
kate spade bags
coach factory outlet
ugg outlet
coach outlet
adidas outlet
philipp plein outlet
supreme clothing
ysl outlet
kevin durant shoes
mt20180703

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home