Saturday, June 13, 2009

From the Bench

Bought some saltwater flies at a fire sale some time ago. Not useful for me, but I was scoping the heavy hooks. Last night I used a pocket knife to strip off all the materials and turn out a half dozen carp flies. The hooks are stout: will not bend or break. John Montana sent me a pattern to replicate - couldn't really do it that well because I don't have any really sweet beard/sword material... But I think in some situations these would fish okay. Maybe a bit on the loud side really. Half the shite I tie up I hate the second it's done anyway. Ha! Tomorrow night I'm going back to basics: dusting off the small LOD - the pattern has gotten away from its root and it needs to veer back that way.



5 Comments:

Blogger John Montana said...

Drop that in front of a carp on the big C and you are in business.

FYI, the army of worms is coming together. I whipped up about 15 or so today. I'll work on some other "basics" in the coming weeks.

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eye of the beholder my friend. If you don't like those, I can probably find a good home for them.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Wendy Berrell said...

Put one in a lip yesterday. Grade: satisfactory.

10:45 PM  
Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.15
canada goose outlet
moncler online outlet
manolo blahnik shoes
pandora jewelry
ray ban sunglasses
canada goose jackets
ralph lauren outlet
pandora jewelry outlet
uggs outlet
kate spade outlet

9:58 PM  
Blogger ARE said...

0820jejeBien sûr, basket nike homme 2018 air max votre assortiment a rapidement augmenté et maintenant vous vous asics gel bleu et rose trouvez dans un hobby complet, une passion air jordan retro alpha 1 délicieuse, je voudrais inclure. La conception réelle Air Jordan 6 soldes sur les chaussures a été inspiré basket homme nike tn requin par un avion de chasse Mustang World War asics femme pour courir 2. Je viens d'avoir un asics basket noir et rouge regard de Nike Shox Monster SI sur les basket nike air jordan 3 retro accessoires.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home