My tying room is approximately adjacent to my wif'es crafty corner. The crawl space in said corner was difficult to use. Now as a closet, it's easier to access and thus more efficient space. She's already populated the shelves.
No power saws or air nailers were used at any point. The hand miter box and hammer were put to decent use. I did use a power drill for some framing that you can't see in these pictures. That wooden triangle piece was cut from an outcast cutting board.
Not a "big" or difficult project, but for a novice like me, an enjoyable and somewhat fulfilling undertaking. Since the pics I've finished the nailing (I set a policy to leave them all protruding until I was happy with the positions of everything) and puttying, etc. A home improvement, by definition.
Next up: some improvements in the tying room. Still need conceptualization for those though. The sewing/scrapbooking room cannot, for long, be in better service to its master than is the tying room.
The miter box sat in my mom's basement for years - it was either my dad's, my grandpa's or both.