Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Spring Wind

I lived awhile without you,
darn near half my life.
I no longer see our unborn children,
born to you my unwed wife.
But yesterday I had a vision,
beneath the tree where we once talked,
of an old couple burning
their love letters so their children
won't be shocked.

[chorus:]
Love calls like the wild birds--
it's another day.
A Spring wind blew my list of
things to do...away.

My friends are gettin older,
so I guess I must be too.
Without their loving kindness,
I don't know what I'd do.
Oh the wine bottle's half empty--
the money's all spent.
And we're a cross between our parents
and hippies in a tent.

[repeat chorus]

In a mucked up lovely river,
I cast my little fly.
I look at that river and smell it
and it makes me wanna cry.
Oh to clean our dirty planet,
now there's a noble wish,
and I'm puttin my shoulder to the wheel
'cause I wanna catch some fish.

[repeat chorus]

Children go to sleep now--
you know it's gettin' late.
I know you don't like to miss nothin'
and school ain't that great.
Oh, I'll dance with you when you're happy,
and hold you when you're sad,
and hope you know how glad I am,
just to be you're Dad.

[repeat chorus]

Darlin' it's been a hard go
but I think we'll be okay.
I know I say that all the time
like everything else I say.
Oh, I've been gone so often,
but every time I miss you,
and I don't really know nothin',
Except I like to kiss you.

[repeat chorus]

by Greg Brown

5 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

chi flat iron, mac cosmetics, soccer shoes, jimmy choo shoes, birkin bag, rolex watches, ferragamo shoes, canada goose, vans outlet, instyler ionic styler, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, north face jackets, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, p90x workout, giuseppe zanotti, mcm handbags, ugg outlet, asics shoes, celine handbags, ghd, nike huarache, bottega veneta, insanity workout, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, ugg boots, nike trainers, ugg soldes, marc jacobs outlet, beats headphones, hollister, mont blanc pens, reebok shoes, canada goose outlet, lululemon outlet, valentino shoes, longchamp, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, new balance outlet, roshe run, ugg, canada goose outlet, uggs on sale

12:29 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

baseball bats, nike air max, ray ban, parajumpers outlet, toms outlet, timberland shoes, converse shoes, replica watches, moncler, hollister, lancel, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, links of london uk, wedding dress, louis vuitton canada, ugg, vans, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose uk, louboutin, canada goose, oakley, juicy couture outlet, hollister canada, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, iphone 6 case, ralph lauren, canada goose pas cher, pandora uk, coach outlet, moncler, montre femme, converse, swarovski uk, uggs canada, supra shoes, hollister clothing, karen millen, swarovski jewelry, thomas sabo uk, canada goose, air max, gucci, moncler

12:34 AM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2016-04-21keyun
timberland boots
oakley sunglasses
timberlands
abercrombie outlet
ray ban outlet
rolex watches
ray ban outlet
ladies cartier watches
pandora charms
oakley sunglasses
air jordan homme
nike air max 90
true religion outlet
cheap louis vuitton handbags
coach outlet online
louis vuitton outlet online
nike running shoes for men
coach outlet store online
ed hardy outlet
nike outlet
toms shoes outlet online
jordan retro 13
cheap nfl jerseys
oakley sunglasses
ray-ban sunglasses
supra shoes
coach factory outlet
longchamp le pliage
hollister clothing
louis vuitton outlet
nfl jerseys
ralph lauren outlet
louis vuitton bags
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
cheap ray ban sunglasses

7:43 PM  
Blogger Playstoreforpc said...

the installment of applications kinja.com/ downloaded from unknown resources. Currently Official Website you would be able to download Easily Get Snapchat Android PC, Computer (Latest) it without getting any kind of mistake.Snapchat you have to download and install Snapchat APK Snapchat APK documents from the given web link.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are easy-to-install variations of Kodi the app for Windows, OS X, Linux, and also Android. Regrettably, official guide the setup process on iOS isn't really as straightforward. Kodi App Download If you more than happy to jailbreak your device, it's a little bit simpler, but that's except everyone.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home