Saturday, April 28, 2012

Two important and relevant poems from W. Berry...


Looking through some older collections.


The Change


Part 1.

I'll never know what causes it
 --the sudden going down
into pointless sorrow, great
beyond all causes I can think of,

the almost aimless attempt
to recover out of huge darkness
the too small thought of myself.

Something turns over
in the heart, like the black
side of a mirror turned
to the light. I'm exhausted
by the thought of all
the possibilities that are lost.
[my emphasis]


THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS
When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

[both from Openings, ~ 1965]

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nhl jerseys
jordan shoes
cheap uggs
polo outlet
supreme shirts
coach outlet store online
hollister jeans
burberry outlet
adidas stan smith
jordan shoes
2017.10.31chenlixiang

12:52 AM  
Blogger 5689 said...

nike chaussure
fitflops shoes
moncler jackets
yeezy boost 350 v2
pandora charms outlet
canada goose jackets
coach outlet
dsquared2
christian louboutin shoes
nike outlet
zzzzz2018.8.15

10:02 PM  
Blogger ARE said...

0728jejeasics cumulus femme avis Le swoosh chaussure nike cortez enfant Nike réel à travers l'aspect est en fait extrêmement exceptionnel, la adidas zx flux adv virtue semelle intercalaire réelle désigné avec dispositif de asics gel noosa tri 10 herren test l'atmosphère notable est en réalité extrêmement rembourrage. Les asics gel lyte v after dark chaussures réelles ont tendance à être assez à l'aise Adidas Zx Flux Pour Femme Grise pour vos pieds afin de mettre sur. Les baskets femme adidas zx flux noir leopard blanc logos et les en-têtes sont un élément asics gel divide pas cher de conception important de votre page, mais acheter nike free run 3 femme souvent pour diverses raisons que les gens ne le pensent baskets internationalist premium nike d'abord.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0927
jordan clothing
prada shoes
true religion jeans outlet

nike huarache
ralph lauren uk
louboutin shoes
fitflops clearance
christian louboutin outlet
ultra boost 3.0





9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home