Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Spring Break 2016 Chapter I


Three nights out in early April.

Had never tried one of these cabins.  Always tent.  But when I saw (1) cabin was free, (2) wind/snow/rain was predicted, (3) river blown out I decided that some new thing would be a good fall back highlight.


Main river high, cold, turbid.  So the small water was crowded.  






Killed me to watch the kids fish well and not get trout to hand.  Always fishing behind other anglers.  Water a little high so volume and energy greater; required more thought to get nymphs deep.



Second day I don't think the wind ever went much below 25 mph.  We agreed to not fish that day; instead walked around.  Played some wheel of fortune.  Ate some good camp food.  Went way up along one of the blufftops.

Bacon cheese english muffins darn good.



Our gear for a Thursday - Sunday deal.  Can even see out the back via rear view mirror.