Friday, February 17, 2012

February 6, 2012 Report: It ain't like the fishin's been easy

Why do you peck a keyboard all day?

Because I'm an ass.

Why do you drink so much on Friday night?

Because I peck at a keyboard all day. Why, what's it to you f**kin dick?

- anon

Year of Our Lord 2012 February 6 I figured I had it made. An open day. Obligations all accounted for prior. Figured it was all good. My plan was to walk in deep, to a reach that's tough to access. Fish upstream and then by estimation and use of a compass cut straight north and out by way of no trail. I walked in and down and kept walking down and down following the valley and no footprints; tracing path of water flowing downhill to the river. This worked. But I angled too much and popped onto the water at a place I knew. Only about 15 minutes from a road downstream. So I wasn't remote. 1030 AM this was. Started fishing upstream and immediately got a few fish to take nymphs; RBT and BNT. One nice one ate when I wasn't paying attention and thus he was moved but not cleanly hooked. This was all foreplay though, in anticipation of the sun and no wind in the afternoon. Uncertainty and the calling of schedule got the best of me though and around 1300 I could not tell just where I was so turned around, thinking I'd swing streamers until I saw fish rising to midges. Indeed the midges came and in no small numbers. But no fish rising. I had beer along and didn't drink it. I ate some oats and sand and drank some hot tea to wash it down. I sucked on pebbles and scraped my teeth on limestone rocks. I chewed on rocks. I though about swallowing a fish whole. But the fish did not rise to those midges. I saw water that made me think about spinning gear. Deep, dark water. Still water. I didn't fish it. I was moaning to myself and neglecting the grandeur of the valley in favor of self-pity. Of course it wasn't that dramatic but it was close. I walked all the way out without so much as hooking a fish. All flies and all fisherman failed. I got to the spot I came in by and noted the old pile of coon feces that was my bookmark. I followed my own tracks out. I saw those valley walls and thought about how high they towered there. It was pretty much completely quiet. When I came out and came to the upland the sun glinted off the #2 corn and hurt my eyes. I kind of spread my arms out and looked up at the sky like a sort of savior although I knew that was not right. I plodded out and found my car. There really isn't a fishing report other than sometimes you just won't catch much. And if you fish enough you find that to be acceptable.








6 Comments:

Blogger John Montana said...

Good stuff j.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous winonaflyfactory said...

Thanks for the report man. It's been a tough winter season for me. The whole tons of midge and no rising thing has been witnessed several times. Its been a lot of hiking and not much catching. Still it's fishing, outside in the beautiful weather. Can't ask for much more.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Mr. P. said...

"...If you fish enough you find that to be acceptable."

Yup.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Royce Gracie said...

I stretch my arms to the sky too man..love that. I like it when the sun hurts my eyes.

2:32 PM  
Blogger zzccff said...

Your young people would be the most beautiful in time some of our lifetime,Monster Surpasses exactly what which means that prepared to certainly be a adolescent scholar who seem to comes with a stunning encounter in addition to a lot of love. Appropriately, I want to give thanks to all be lovely reasons for everyone specially the lower price Monster recording studio earphones earbuds, as they permit everyone to relish your unrivaled convenience and also joy inside are located tunes concert. Today's technology is best proved around folks splendid headsets. I really like to convey a budget beats by expert dre headphones wherever The year progresses, in order that I'm able to experience the conjunction whenever and then any area. Any assorted sound recording feast is perfectly located at the top-ranking Monster headsets Beats by Dr Dre by Monster Lady Gaga Earphone. You will develop most of the worry and also downturns while you be given Monster bests medical professional dre.
Nothing in our life is often more particularly potent since new music. New music could be the crucial part with the bigger high quality living Beats by Dr Dre by Monster Headphone NHL. People today price cut earbuds from Monster Defeats by way of dre are the essential. The nice everyday living direct by Monster Bests will likely be a serious movement. Because high-powered facility dre surpasses can make the music says considerably more excited and also clear. Beats by Dr Dre by Monster Tour Earphone

8:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

0509wangjuan
cleveland cavaliers
chicago blackhawks
san francisco 49ers jerseys
oakland raiders jerseys
dolphins jerseys
new england patriots jerseys
packers jerseys
bears jerseys
washington redskins jersey
abercrombie and fitch
denver broncos jersey
cheap nike shoes
tods outlet online
denver broncos jerseys
abercrombie outlet
cincinnati bengals jerseys
san antonio spurs jerseys
oklahoma city thunder jerseys
fred perry polo shirts
seattle seahawks jersey
air jordan 4
tommy hilfiger uk
new england patriots jersey
salomon shoes
new orleans saints jersey
boston celtics
marc jacobs sale
new york jets jerseys
browns jerseys
mac cosmetics

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home