Sunday, April 05, 2009

Straight Wormy

Have you ever sat in your basement, drinking beer, listening to CCR and tying up myriad worm flies? I won't go into too much detail. We know this shiznit works - proof is in the pudding, as they say. It can be summed up by this one-liner.


The purple worm. This has maybe been done before for SJW, but I haven't seen it. I took the technique from a recipe for a bass fly and applied it here. My guess is it gets ass-kicked from her to Bangledesh.


The Bi. Lookin decent enough there.

Nice thing about these beads is that they can slide back over the thread collar, but because the hole is conical, they can't slide back any further than that.

Prior to sliding bead back...


I like this greenie. Green machine. Carp machine. My dream. I love you.

Little shop of horrors, here with head cement applied, beads slid into place, and both ends singed. Wormy tails high in the air. Eat me, eat me, you giant, golden-scaled carp with mouth like angel singing only not angelic. Eat me, eat me, little star, I sliggidy slam dunk like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Waving at you.

4 Comments:

Blogger John Montana said...

Nice. I had to force myself to take off the worm today. If I was waiting for the worm to "quit working" before I switched flies, i'd never fish another fly.

I'm convinced the only reason carp doesn't eat your worm is he didn't see it.

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dizzam, that's some serious wormin'. I tried my megaworm the other day with no success. I think it's because of what John mentioned, the fish didn't see it. I like your wire trick.

12:33 PM  
Blogger darklake said...

Great post. How many beers does it take to get that poetic about a worm?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Wendy Berrell said...

I had a good worm vibe after talking to John Montana on the phone about the unrivaled supremacy of that fly. So it didn't take many beers. I'll try many next time though, just to see what might flow from that approach.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home