Friday, April 03, 2009

Lookin for a place to get to...

Hybrid LOD, swimming clouser, mylar minnow.

Some orange BS



Garbagey trashy looking little bich that I know will just get crushed


I cut off a big section of my bead chain eyes and spray painted them black tonight.
Like that a lot - ends up kind of a mottled black look, which is cool.

Related note: tying lamp absconded when it was determined that a certain group of seedlings were looking too spindly. Diversified application of equipment is cool. I've got multiple lamps.

There she be:


Add for reference: shot of spray-painted bead chain eyes.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking tight. love those ties man.

thanks for the spraypainting tip. may have to give that a try. matte black krylon?

9:42 AM  
Blogger texasflyfisher said...

Excellent flies! I gotta tie some before my next trip to the river for carp.

3:29 PM  
Blogger John Montana said...

Nice as always J. You should check out that wiggle dubbing...it looks pretty good.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Wendy Berrell said...

Thanks gents.

Right on re Krylon, but I think what I happened to have laying around may have been a gloss of some sort. Matte would be better though. I checked them out tonight - dried really well - my guess is it won't come off. Added pic.

JB: I will either buy some of that wiggle dubbing or try to make something similar. Throw a pic out when you can.

TexasFlyfisher: used to spend every summer on a ranch near Comfort, TX. Ever heard of it? Catfish and bass abounded.

11:41 PM  
Blogger mdmnm said...

Lots of time the spray paint will wear off, but you can clean bead chain with acetone, let it dry, then soak it in cold blue solution (for gunsmiths) and darken it up permanently that way.

9:54 AM  
Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

20161121 junda
snow boots
ugg boots
ferragamo outlet
ferragamo shoes
nike free run
coach outlet online
oakley sunglasses
fitflop clearance
hollister sale
michael kors outlet

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home