Monday, October 09, 2006

Pesky game fish got in the way of carp fishing today.

To start - the weather was backwards: beautiful yesterday as we sat inside at a friends watching football... and 40's and overcast today when I got out fishing. Maybe the cold snap put off the carp... not sure. All I could manage was a smallmouth and some redhorse - very cool fishes, but not my target. Right when I got to the hole I caught three great fish... Then, in the middle of the day (this is a Monday no less) three people arrived and cast bait over my head into the best water available. That was a major negative for me... it was down hill from there. The only highlights from that point were looks I got from passersby as I ate a cold pizza lunch sitting in the river.

It may be time to hang up the carp flies until spring... start looking at fall/winter trout season.

5 Comments:

Blogger John Montana said...

i wouldn't hang it up yet! i bet those big carp are in there. you just need to find where they hold in that stretch.

i'll be doing some trout fishing in MT at the end of the month with my dad.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Wendy Berrell said...

There is still one spot that is just FULL of carp... but with current flow and accessibility, I cannot get a fly to them. When flow dies a bit, I will try again. You'd love it - it's quite a puzzle.

11:06 AM  
Blogger John Montana said...

take a picture, send it to me...you know i love figuring that stuff out.

last time we fished there, i had it down. i could set the hook every time my fly got to a spot and know i would have a fish on...pretty cool.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Wendy Berrell said...

This is a different stretch of river though... I'll show you at some point.

8:03 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

baseball bats, nike air max, ray ban, parajumpers outlet, toms outlet, timberland shoes, converse shoes, replica watches, moncler, hollister, lancel, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, links of london uk, wedding dress, louis vuitton canada, ugg, vans, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose uk, louboutin, canada goose, oakley, juicy couture outlet, hollister canada, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, iphone 6 case, ralph lauren, canada goose pas cher, pandora uk, coach outlet, moncler, montre femme, converse, swarovski uk, uggs canada, supra shoes, hollister clothing, karen millen, swarovski jewelry, thomas sabo uk, canada goose, air max, gucci, moncler

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home